Monday, May 5, 2008

When was the last time you saw a Buick station wagon?

1972.

The Buick Sportwagon.

I saw one yesterday. Not a Sportwagon. A new Buick station wagon. And though it nearly rips the fabric of space-time itself, I have to admit that it didn't look half bad.

Which bring me to my topic. Cars in China. Being as I am a car junkie, I have to crane my neck every time a Citroen drives by - Just because we don't have 'em in the States.

So here's a list of the cars I have seen that are not common in the states, or are weird to see in rural China -

Peugeot 207
Peugeot 307
Puegeot 307 Police Car

Honda City
Honda Fit
Honda Accord Police car
Honda Odessey sports station wagon. (Eli, you would LOVE that one : )

Innumerable miniature Chevys unheard of in the states

Jeep Cherokee

Toyota Landcruiser (Lifted / snorkled / "safaried" beyond all reason)

...and as I'm typing this I'm realizing that only my brothers, and maybe a guy in his garage in Milwaukee will care at all about this post...

Brothers (and random guy in Milwaukee), I will take pics, and then give you a proper post when the time is right...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, definitely want pics of the LandCruiser, bet its kickin.

    Whats the rust situation like there on the water. Are there many older cars, or do they have a relatively short lifespan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see the Peugeots! And that Honda Sport Wagon sounds pretty cool too. Post some serious pics of those. Something tells me those cars just get beat on the lovely dirt roads.
    And like "taylor family" said, tell us how the water is rusting there. :)

    ReplyDelete