Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Guilin to Yangshuo

Not much to say here. I went to the bus station in the morning, and was kind of wandering around until a younger Chinese guy (early 20's) approached me and asked me where I was trying to go.

I wheeled around and punched him square in the face.

That's what I thought about doing. Who in the world approaches random strangers and tries to help them out?!? That's just stupid... But he did help me buy a ticket for Yangshuo on what must have been the oldest bus on the lot.

I actually wasn't sure that I WAS on the right bus for Yangshuo because I was the ONLY person on the bus when it left the station. Really.



But we proceeded to spend the next hour driving through every street in the city at no more than 5 mph trolling for potential riders. We eventually did fill up the bus and headed on our way.

It was a 2 hour bus ride, and would have felt arduous where it not for the fact that it was beautifully sunny and they played Rambo 3 and the new Rambo on DVD. Yes, welcome to rural China.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing adventures even if those strangers are trying to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, just think if those strangers WEREN'T trying to help you out, IT WOULD BE AWESOME! But seriously, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, you crazy man you!! I was so relieved to hear that you made it to the school...even if you did almost get mugged! ;-0
    Keep the pages coming, I can hardly stand to wait!! xoxooxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe... crazy Man!!! I was so glad to read that you had made it to the school...even if you did almost get mugged abroad, ;-0.
    Keep the pages coming, I don't think I can wait much longer! xoxoxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete